Dear Parents/Care Givers,
Please note the latest information relating to school teaching and learning arrangements at ESHS.
Today, the Government has announced all public schools in Western Australia will remain open until the end of term – Thursday, 9 April 2020.
However, families are encouraged to keep their children at home if they have the capacity to do so. The Department’s learning from home resources are available at: Learning at home
What this means for our school is:
- From Monday, 30 March to Friday, 3 April all children who attend school will be taught as normal.
- The following week (6 to 9 April) teachers and education assistants will prepare teaching programs for Term Two.
- During this time (6 to 9 April), students who attend school will be supervised.
The Government recognises there will still be families who need to send their children to school to continue their learning during this period. These may include:
- Children of parents and carers who need their children to attend school to maintain employment.
- Children who live in families with aged relatives.
- Children where it is safer for them to be at school.
Schools have been asked to plan and prepare for a different teaching model for Term Two and beyond. I will be communicating with you all regarding the term two program of teaching and learning as soon as the Term Two program has been determined.
Please do not hesitate to contact me should you require clarification.