The Girls Leadership Project (GLP) is based in an exclusive self-contained, beautifully furnished room. In the room the girls have set up an event office with information technology infrastructure where they run their activities under the supervision of a Program Coordinator.
The most recent event organised by the GLP was the Techtrails event on Wed 11th March.
The selected girls in years 8-11 research peer issues, plan and implement events and activities that influence social change such as:
- Driftwood Pop-Up Art Gallery
- Music in the Quad
- Women’s Leadership Network Event
- Women in STEM Forum
- Body Image Workshops
- Auctioneer Training
- Youth Yoga
- Community Networking
Leadership and teamwork is fundamental in the GLP. The girls focus on their strengths and are always working with action plans and time management tools to maximise their experience. The girls have high expectations of themselves particularly around trust, hope, integrity, compassion and forgiveness. They recognise their own growth in resiliency and see themselves as confident, contributing and connected young people.
Driftwood Gallery Update:
- People’s Choice Award & winner of Food Category– Holly Goodwin
- First Prize Visual Art Category – Emmalee Nielsen
- Second Prize – Paige Fillmore
- Technical Prize – Ethan Mellor
- Staff Category – Jazmin Parker