Country Week occurs in the final week of term two each year. Esperance Senior High School sends teams of students to Perth to compete against other country Senior High Schools. Depending on student interest and team strength sports may include Australia Rules Football, Basketball, Dance, Hockey , Netball, Soccer, Touch Rugby and Volleyball. In recent years teams have won their divisions, including A grade Touch Rugby and B Grade Soccer and Basketball. Students who represent the school for 3 years gain School Honours.
Teams are selected on the following criteria:
- Is a talented sportsman/woman
- Demonstrates sportsmanship
- Has demonstrated exemplary conduct at school
- Support the Health and Physical Education program throughout high school
- Contributes to a harmonious team
- Is making satisfactory progress to complete their course work
Team selection and training will commence early term one. The Team Manager, Mr Matt Lovejoy is available to answer queries related to Country Week.